Provided by IKEA
This April, IKEA U.S. is introducing ART EVENT 2017 – a limited-edition* collection of hand-drawn prints from 12 established and up-and-coming artists around the world. The 2017 collection is the third installment in the ART EVENT series and supports the IKEA mission of making great art accessible to everyone. With artists using everything from graphite, pen and ink, and crayon to charcoal, watercolor, gouache and pastel, ART EVENT 2017 is a collection that is eclectic and diverse in terms of both technique and expression. The artwork conveys individual expressions and communicates very personal stories. Some reflect cultural experiences and explore social topics, while others simply aim to make the viewer smile.
- “Shelfie” by Jean Jullien ($9.99): French graphic artist Jean Jullien – creator of the famous “Peace for Paris” symbol – shares “Shelfie,” inspired by a quote from Chuck Palahniuk’s cult film “Fight Club”: “The things that we possess end up possessing us.”
- “We Are One” by Hell’o ($9.99): Hell’o (Jérôme Meynen and Antoine Detaille, from Brussels) is known for drawings featuring creatures that may at first seem graphically pleasing and simply imaginative, but who, upon closer examination, often reveal profound symbolism.
- “Assembling Reality” by Amit Greenberg ($9.99): Based in Brooklyn, NY, Amit Greenberg describes his process for “Assembling Reality” as an active exploration of spirituality, sexuality, mortality, fear and joy woven together through art and design. He explains, “The viewer is encouraged to indulge and get lost in this multi-dimensional work. The deeper the inspection, the greater the reward.
IKEA x colette: IKEA announced today a collaboration with French multi-brand retailer colette, and their Creative Director Sarah Andelman, that will celebrate unconventional thinking and playfulness in design. Through the collaboration, the two brands will explore the power of details and revamp selective IKEA products, including the iconic FRAKTA bag. The collection will be available in-store in 2018.
April NEWS: IKEA U.S. is introducing a variety of new products this April that bring a fresh, light feeling to the home just in time for Spring. From new lighting solutions and a range of industrial-style, multi-functional furniture to a shelving series and hallway storage systems, the pieces are designed for the ever-changing home. Children can delight in fun, playful characters on bedding, cushions and soft toys with new additions to the LATTJO collection, plus new party decorations in the papershop.
- PINNIG Series: Make the most of a small hallway space with the PINNIG coat rack and shoe storage bench. Designed in black with simple and elegant lines, its traditional style creates a feeling of organized calm
- DIHULT Pouffe: Gathering in a relaxed way on the floor is easy with the DIHULT pouffe – you can even fit two people! When not in use the pouffe can be hung on the wall as a cool design statement. With its machine washable cover in beige, it’s discreet and practical enough to fit in most homes.
- LATTJO Collection: A playful collaboration with DreamWorks Studios has livened up our LATTJO collection for children. The result is new characters, such as Ernst the Eagle and Victor the Vampire, now available as cuddly soft toys and on patterned bedlinens.