Provided by Keep Manassas Beautiful
Keep Manassas Beautiful is launching the first Great American Cleanup Challenge to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Keep America Beautiful’s Great American Cleanup. The Great American Cleanup, which takes place annually in an estimated 20,000 communities nationwide, engages more than five million volunteers and participants, on average, every year to create a positive and lasting impact. Keep Manassas Beautiful, along with Keep America Beautiful’s more than 600 community-based affiliates and partnering organizations, plan volunteer events and education programs that help to renew parks, trails and recreation areas, clean our waterways and remove litter and debris from our streets and public spaces.
How can you help? Take some time to organize a litter pick up with your family, friends and neighbors. Businesses can help too. Remember to take a selfie of your group helping out and we will share on social media and our website. Tag us at facebook.org/cityofmanassas – #KeepManassasBeautiful.
“City of Manassas residents really care about their City. The Great American Cleanup is the perfect opportunity to work together to beautify the place we live, work and play and Keep Manassas Beautiful,” said Monica Boehringer, City of Manassas Keep Manassas Beautiful Coordinator.
Some of the events surrounding the Keep Manassas Beautiful Great American Cleanup in April are:
- Spring RecycleFest at the Manassas Transfer Station, April 7, 8:00 a. m. to 12:00 noon
- Civil War Trust Park Day – April 7 at Liberia Plantation
- Arbor Day Park Cleanup – April 20, Kinsley Mill Park
- Live Well Festival, with a shredding station – April 22 in the Train Depot parking lot, 9:00 a. m. to 2:00 p. m.
- Earth Day Park Cleanup – April 22 at all City of Manassas parks
Learn more at manassascity.org/kmb.