Provided by Prince William County
The Prince William County Landfill and the Balls Ford Road Compost Facility will be closed on Sundays, beginning Jan. 9, until further notice. The decision to reduce hours at these facilities was made due to staffing shortages, overtime costs, and escalating COVID-19 safety concerns. These facilities are scheduled to remain open on Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Residents may also use recycling trailers provided by the Solid Waste Division and located throughout the County. The Saturday collection sites are scheduled to be open after New Year’s Day. Visit pwcva.gov/trashandrecycling for recycling trailer locations and Saturday collection site information.
Customers at Solid Waste facilities are encouraged to follow these guidelines to protect each other and employees from the spread of disease:
- Maintain six-foot social distancing and wear a mask.
- Take care of your disposal quickly but use caution when driving through the convenience center and facility property.
- Bring someone to assist you with unloading, if needed, because the staff has been restricted from this activity.
Other service notes:
- Bulky items and construction debris (limit 2.5 cubic yards) customers may be directed to a disposal area at the landfill. (The County is not responsible for vehicle damage.)
- Bulky items and construction debris are not accepted at the Balls Ford Road facility on the weekend.
- Yard waste and brush disposal at the landfill will be directed to the yard waste area.
- Have your Driver’s License ready to display unless you have a solid waste decal.
- No cash or check payments; credit or debit card only.
- Visit pwcva.gov/trashandrecycling for additional guidance.
Residents are encouraged to sign up for PWC Alerts to receive the latest information on Solid Waste services and programs. A link to PWC Alerts registration can also be found on the Solid Waste webpage pwcva.gov/trashandrecycling.