Provided by Virginia Department of Transportation
The public is invited to a joint virtual meeting on Wednesday, Dec. 15, 2021 with representatives from the Commonwealth Transportation Board, Virginia Department of Transportation, Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation, Office of Intermodal Planning and Investment, Northern Virginia Transportation Authority, Northern Virginia Transportation Commission and Virginia Railway Express, to learn more about the regional collaboration required to keep travelers in Northern Virginia moving.
Per Virginia code §33.2-214.3, these organizations shall conduct a joint public meeting annually for the purposes of presenting to the public, and receiving comments on, transportation projects proposed and conducted by each entity in Planning District 8 (Northern Virginia).
The meeting will include an opportunity to receive public comments following agency presentations on transportation initiatives, including:
- VDOT’s Multimodal Project Pipeline Program
- NVTA’s updates to TransAction and the FY2022-2027 Six Year Program; the NVTA Transportation Technology Strategic Plan; and the Regional Multi-Modal Mobility Program (RM3P) in partnership with the Commonwealth of Virginia
- NVTC’s Commuter Choice program
- DRPT’s funding opportunities, Six Year Improvement Program and the Virginia Passenger Rail Authority (VPRA)
- VRE station, and storage- and maintenance-facility projects
The meeting will be held as a virtual/online and attendees must register online. The team of VDOT, DRPT, OIPI, NVTA, NVTC and VRE representatives will make a presentation beginning at 7:00 p.m. highlighting their transportation programs, regional collaboration and receive public comments about Virginia’s transportation network.
Comments may also be submitted through Jan. 7, 2022 via this online comment form, by voicemail to 703-721-8270, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please reference “Northern Virginia Joint Transportation Meeting” in the subject line) or by mail to Ms. Maria Sinner, VDOT, 4975 Alliance Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030.
Meeting materials and presentations will be available at virginiadot.org/novatransportationmeeting.