Provided by Manassas City Public Schools
Manassas City Public Schools (MCPS) has launched a new mobile app, an all-in- one information source for parents, students, staff and the community. The app was developed specifically to provide direct access to the school division’s most sought after information in the most convenient format — through a mobile device.
“I am very excited about the new app as it’s something we have wanted to enhance our communication efforts,” said Almeta Radford, MCPS Public Communications Coordinator. “This will be a beneficial tool for our school community to keep them connected to what’s happening with MCPS in an even greater, more convenient way. Because so many people use mobile devices, the app is a good platform to provide some of our most viewed and requested information right at the fingertips of our stakeholders.”
App features include:
- Division-level and individual school news, allowing the user to select which schools and division news feeds they want to subscribe to.
- Calendar information for schools and division events that can be integrated into personal calendars.
- Directories with contact information for various staff.
- Links and feeds to the division’s Facebook, Twitter and YouTube sites.
- Access to school boundary and bus route information, as well as Food Services food menus.
- Access to the division’s Let’s Talk feedback platform
MCPS launched its new Let’s Talk platform at the beginning of the school year by asking parents to submit feedback regarding Back-to-School nights. “Using Let’s Talk, those who visit our site will be able to share their comments about various topics or reach out to department leads regarding general areas they’d like to provide feedback on,” said Radford.
MCPS’ Let’s Talk feature, unlike postings on social media, allows every submission to be carefully considered and directed to appropriate staff for follow-up, when necessary. Users may leave their contact information or choose to remain anonymous. Those that include an email address will receive a personal response from a MCPS team member.
Let’s Talk is available on the MCPS website as well as on each school’s site. The new MCPS mobile app is free and can be downloaded from the Apple Store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/manassas-city-schools/id1002026825?ls=1&mt=8 and through Google Play at http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackboard.community.mcpsva.