Jason Hickman is the Managing Partner of Compton & Duling, LC. Beyond managing the firm, he provides legal counsel and guidance to businesses and individuals in the areas of Real Estate Law (Transactional and Land Use) and Business Law. He talks about his job, the community, and his family.
Briefly describe what a day in your work life looks like.
Every day is a new day with new issues and new challenges. This is part of what I enjoy. No two days are the same. My day is filled with helping clients realize their goals, address their problems, and collaborate with them to create a path forward.
What is the best part about working for Compton & Duling?
The best part about working for Compton & Duling is the great clients and people that we work with on a daily basis. We have an excellent staff and group of attorneys. I take great pride in who we are and how we are able to help our clients succeed.
What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
Spending time with my family is what I love to do in my spare time. I have 4 children (18, 12, 10, and 7: soccer, swimming, horseback riding). My wife and I both own businesses in the community. We love doing these together and for our community.
What has one of your proudest moments been working for Compton & Duling?
One of the proudest moments working for Compton & Duling was when we celebrated the firm’s 50 Years Working with the Community. Lacey Compton, Jr. created a firm that is and has been devoted to its clients and its community for more than 50 years.
- Compton Duling, LC (2006-Present), Managing Member
- Roderick Linton LLP (2000-2006), Associate Attorney
- Buckley King & Bluso (1995-2000), Associate Attorney
- CASA CIS (President of the Board, 2018-Present; Board Member)
- Leadership Prince William (Class of 2011; Past President, Board of Regents Member 2011-Present)
- Hylton Performing Arts Center, Executive Board of Directors (Governance Chair, 2018-Present)
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Washington, Prince William County Regional Board (Board President 2015-2018; Board Member 2010-Present)
- Lake Ridge Rotary (Past President, 2015-16′ Board of Directors)
- Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce