Provided by Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)
Lane and ramp closures are scheduled to occur during overnight hours Tuesday, July 24 at the I-66 interchange with I-495 and on Thursday, July 26 on the ramp from westbound U.S. Route 50 to westbound I-66. Closures are needed to allow crews to set barrier wall along previously shifted travel lanes and for construction activities for the Transform 66 Outside the Beltway project.
Tuesday night, July 24: Westbound I-66 between Route 7 and I-495 Interchange
- Right lane closure on westbound I-66 between Route 7 and the I-495 interchange between 9:00 p. m. to 5:00 a. m.
- Temporary closure of the ramps from westbound I-66 to southbound I-495 regular and express lanes from 11:00 p. m. to 4:30 a. m. Travelers will be detoured to the exit for southbound Nutley Street, then take the ramp for eastbound I-66 back toward I-495.
- Narrowing and single lane closures on the ramp from northbound I-495 to westbound I-66 with occasional 15-minute stoppages and slowdowns.
Thursday night, July 26: Ramp from Westbound U.S. Route 50 to Westbound I-66
- Temporary closure of the ramp from westbound U.S. Route 50 to westbound I-66 from 12:00 midnight to 4:00 a. m.
- Drivers will be detoured on Route 50 to the West Ox Road (Route 608) interchange, where they will exit onto southbound West Ox Road, and then make a right-hand exit onto eastbound Route 50 to westbound I-66.