Provided by Prince William Conservation Alliance
Join us for a day of education and inclusiveness with author, photographer, and outdoor advocate Dudley Edmondson. Author of Nature is for Everyone: Black and Brown Faces in America’s Wild Places, Mr. Edmondson’s public presentations promote unspoiled wild places. He also shares his quest to make green spaces more diverse.
His talk explores the issues faced by minorities in the great outdoors. It captures the importance of connecting to our conservation heritage for all cultures and races.
We will kick-start the day with a morning walk led by Mr. Edmondson at Prince William Forest Park. Later in the evening, we regroup for a reception/social, with food and non-alcoholic beverages. A book sale and signing lets us extend our conversation, encourages networking and gives people a chance to chat with each other and Mr. Edmondson.
Where: Northern Virginia Community College, Lakeside Theater, Woodbridge
When: Saturday, March 21
- 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon – Hike through Prince William Forest Park with Dudley Edmondson
- 6:00 p.m. – Outdoor talk at Northern Virginia Community College, Woodbridge Campus
- 6:30 p.m. – Reception with speaker and program partners
- 7:30 p.m. – Talk by Dudley Edmondson
- 8:15 p.m. – Community Conversation, Q&A
- 9:00 p.m. – Book purchase and signing, conversation
Free of Charge. Registration Required. Space is limited. Register here.
|Prince William Conservation Alliance Virginia Native Plant Society |
Unity in the Community
Coalition to Protect PWC
|NAACP Prince William Chapter |
National Park Service, Prince William Forest Park
Prince William County Parks, Recreation, Tourism
Wetland Studies & Solutions
Northern Virginia Community College