Provided by NOVEC
Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative and the Virginia, Maryland & Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives are offering higher-education scholarships to public, private, and home-schooled high school seniors whose families receive electricity from electric cooperatives. Online applications at novec.com for NOVEC’s scholarships are due Monday, March 15, 2021. VMDAEC applications are due Friday, Feb. 19, 2021. Students may apply to both scholarship programs.
NOVEC Scholarship Program
The NOVEC Scholarship Program will award $1,500 college scholarships to 11 qualified graduating public high school students in NOVEC’s service territory in Fairfax, Fauquier, Loudoun, Prince William and Stafford counties, and the City of Manassas Park. In addition, the overall outstanding student will receive the $1,500 J. Manley Garber Scholarship, for a total of $3,000 in college assistance.
Selection committees will select students who have demonstrated scholastic achievement, community service, work experience, and leadership skills.
A scholarship applicant must:
- Be a college-bound high school senior whose parents or guardians receive electric service from NOVEC.
- Have at least a 3.5 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale and submit an official transcript that includes first-semester grades.
- Submit Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) scores or ACT scores. Unofficial scores will be accepted.
- Demonstrate a wide range of participation and leadership in extracurricular activities, community service, and/or work experience.
- Submit two letters of recommendation: one from a high school official, such as a teacher or counselor; and one from a community member, such as a coach, work supervisor, religious, or Scout leader.
- Submit a 350 to 400-word typed autobiographical essay.
- List the colleges/universities he or she has applied to or the one the student plans to attend.
- Complete the online NOVEC scholarship application at novec.com/scholarshipsand submit all required materials no later than March 15, 2021.
For more information about the NOVEC Scholarship Program, contact Ashley Arnold at email@example.com.
The VMDAEC Education Scholarship Foundation will award $1,000 higher-education scholarships to high school and home-schooled seniors whose parents or guardians are members of NOVEC or one of 14 other electric cooperatives in Virginia, Delaware, and Maryland. The foundation will select recipients based on financial need, academic achievement, and personal statements.
Applicants must be entering college or a technical/trade school in fall 2021. The application and guidelines can be found at vmdaec.com/scholarshipApplications must be submitted by Feb. 19.
VMDAEC will send scholarship funds directly to a recipient’s chosen educational institution for help with tuition, room and board, student fees, or book purchasing.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
VMDAEC, headquartered in Glen Allen, Virginia, provides training, communications, legislative and other services to 15 electric cooperatives in Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware.