Provided by Occoquan District Supervisor Kenny Boddye’s Office
This October, the Prince William County Police Department joins the state Department of Motor Vehicles and the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration in reminding pedestrians and drivers to respect each other to stay safe on the roads. As the days grow shorter in fall and winter, pedestrians and cyclists are most at risk of vehicle collisions. When walking or biking, consider using the listed items to be seen and stay safe:
- Reflective clothing and shoes or light-colored clothing
- Reflective accessories, such as spoke clips, wristbands and belts
- Reflective strips to attach to clothing, backpacks, etc.
- Bicycle light on the front and a red reflector or red light on the back of bikes
- Headlamps and clip-on lights
- Reflective leashes and collars for pets
Dressing to be seen, along with observing other pedestrian safety laws and practices, will keep the roads safe for everyone.