Plus Highest-Rated Activites (Hint: Not Reading)
Contributed by Tada.com
As a culture, we’re not quite as greedy and selfish as people might think: In a poll of 4,554 ONLINE SHOPPERS, “receiving gifts” came in as everyone’s least favorite holiday activity—across all age groups. Spending time with family was far and away everyone’s favorite part of the holidays.
Women are definitely more anxious and stressed during the holidays than men, whereas Seniors tend to enjoy the period the most out of any age group. Everyone ranked cooking and eating as their favorite holiday activity, whereas reading came in dead last. Meanwhile, even though the survey was completely anonymous, only 2% claim that they dislike spending time with their family over the holidays—with only 0.4% citing it as torture.
Some interesting study stats:
* Men ranked “Time Off From Work” as 3rd favorite part of holidays; Women ranked it 5th.
* Women are much more likely to claim to be worn out by the holidays than men.
* Generation Y were the most likely to say the holidays made them anxious and stressed.
* Seniors love the holidays: They won the Happy & Celebratory category.
* 22% of men were eager to hit the road after enough time with family.
* Only 2 percent claim they hate spending time with their family over the holiday; 0.4% call it torture.
about tada.com: Tada.com offers deals and coupons from more than five thousand retailers. We hate coupons that don’t work, so we publish when the coupon was last used, down to the minute.