By Prince William Living
Brought to you by the Prince William Chamber of Commerce, the strongest voice for the business community in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan region.
Now more than ever, it’s important to find people to meet and business networking events. Prince William Living is all about community, making connections and supporting quality of life. Whether these events are virtual or in-person, you can get connected at these events!
Interviewing to Get the Offer
Job Searching? Do you wish you could control your nerves and sell yourself effectively at interviews? Are you frustrated by not getting offers after you thought you did well at interviews? Register here for this event funded by Friends of the Library. Tuesday, March 2, 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. | Online
Whitlock Wealth Management Webcast
Every Friday, learn how recent events can impact your finances. During this complimentary seminar, you’ll learn about factors that may contribute to market volatility and strategies to help weather market uncertainty. Join the event online. For more information, call 877.944.8562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Every Friday, 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. | Online
Write by the Rails
Each month, Write by the Rails, the Prince William Chapter of the Virginia Writers Club, offers activities and events designed just for writers ages 18 and older. No matter what your experience, you are invited to join us in practicing this timeless craft. Get support and encouragement from other writers through #WbtR. Visit wbtr.org for more information. Saturday, March 13, 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. | Online
A panel with women elected officials and leaders. Networking and a ready-to-lead session. A free community event. RSVP: HonCNeville@dumfriesva.gov. Saturday, March 13, 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. | 17739 Main St., Second Floor, Dumfries
The wedding industry is filled with tons of great people that are helping to bring dreams to reality. Have you worked with them? If you would like to meet others in the wedding industry, and play a few rounds of Wedding Trivia, then join us at the next Women’s Wedding Network! A twist on the usual networking meetups, we’ll group up and have a friendly competition to see which group can answer the most questions about the wedding industry, all while working with and getting to know your partners. Register here. Wednesday, March 17, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. | Online
COVID-adjusted play, 9 holes captain’s choice, a raffle, giveaways, and fun at the Chamber’s annual Frostbite Scramble golf tournament! Register here. Friday, March 26, 11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. | Stonewall Golf Club, 15601 Turtle Point Dr., Gainesville
- Welcome to Prince William County has small business information, job listings, and family life suggestions.
- Prince William County Networking has similar information.
- Town Hall allows you to find, follow and contact your elected officials.
- Team WIN (Women Inspired Networking) is holding regular virtual meetings along with some in-person events.
- Haymarket Gainesville Business Association (HGBA) offers a variety of events and collaborates with local Chambers.
- Check the website for the Northern Virginia Black Chamber of Commerce for events they are offering.
- One Million Cups is holding online events.
- Visit the website for Prince William Professional Networkers (PWPN) for their events.
- And for writers and lovers of the literary word, there’s Write by the Rails (WbtR), offering events online.
These events are current as of the time we receive the information, and we make every attempt to be accurate. Be sure to check with the event sponsor or hosting organization prior to attending any event. Prince William Living is not responsible for event schedule changes or group policies.
Do you know of another great online community event our readership should know about? Click here to request we include it on our events calendar.
Sign up here to get this column in your email.