Like this article? Support us by subscribing here. Your donation will help us continue to provide quality of life news and make local impact possible.
By Prince William Living
Brought to you by the Prince William Chamber of Commerce, the strongest voice for the business community in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan region.
Finding people to meet and business networking events is always important. And Prince William Living is all about community, making connections and supporting quality of life. Virtual or in-person, you can get connected at these events!
Mason SBDC Events
The Mason SBDC is presenting webinars during July for small businesses. Click on the date to register for of these events:
- Thursday, July 21: Start a Business (Legal & Administrative Steps). Speaker: Bernard Ferret – Senior Business Counselor, Mason SBDC & Serial Entrepreneur
- Wednesday, July 27: Building Your Value Proposition. Speaker: George Siragusa
The webinars are from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
Mid-Day Meetup with the Mayor
Do you want to talk to the Michelle Davis-Younger, Mayor of the City of Manassas? Have a question or just want to chat? This is your opportunity, every Friday (except for rain days). Bring a lunch from one of the City’s restaurants or come and chat. Fridays, July 8 to Aug. 26, 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. | Harris Pavilion, 9201 Center Street, Manassas
Leadercast Summer Series
A series of four seminars. Ten of the most influential leaders share the stage to answer the same question: What is the one thing that makes a leader worth following? New speakers each Wednesday! Hosted by the Prince William Chamber of Commerce. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Wednesdays, July 20 & 27, Aug. 3 & 10, 8:00 to 10:30 a.m. | Online events
Navigating Assisted Living and Memory Care – Learn about the Life Plan Difference!
A virtual event, hosted by Kiersten Parsons, MS, RDN, CDP. Learn about the best Memory Support and Assisted Living options for a loved one. Gain resources and insights into what to look for, what questions to ask when considering different options, and the benefits of having a residence within a not-for-profit life plan community. Register for webinar. Wednesday, July 20, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon | Virtual event
Manassas Museum Groundbreaking
Head to the groundbreaking for the Manassas Museum renovation and expansion. The project will create more exhibit and community space both indoors and outdoors. Find out more here. Thursday, July 28, 6:30 p.m. | Manassas Museum, 9101 Prince William Street, Manassas
Retaliation: What Employers Need to Know & Best Prevention Practices
More Networking Opportunities
- Team WIN (Women Inspired Networking) is holding regular virtual meetings along with some in-person events.
- Haymarket Gainesville Business Association (HGBA) offers a variety of events and collaborates with local Chambers.
- Check the website for the Northern Virginia Black Chamber of Commerce for events they are offering.
- One Million Cups is holding online events.
- Visit the website for Prince William Professional Networkers (PWPN) for their events.
- And for writers and lovers of the literary word, there’s Write by the Rails (WbtR), offering events online.
These events are current as of the time we receive the information, and we make every attempt to be accurate. Be sure to check with the event sponsor or hosting organization prior to attending any event. Prince William Living is not responsible for event schedule changes or group policies.
Do you know of another great online community event our readership should know about? Click here to request we include it on our events calendar.
Sign up here to get this column in your email.