By Prince William Living
Brought to you by the Prince William Chamber of Commerce, the strongest voice for the business community in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan region.
Now more than ever, it’s important to find people to meet and business networking events. Prince William Living is all about community, making connections and supporting quality of life. We may be under a stay-at-home order, but you can still get connected at these virtual events!
Chamber Virtual Events
The Prince William Chamber of Commerce is hosting virtual events throughout the week. For more information, visit their website.
Back-to-Work Virtual Career Fair
The American Public University System has opened their virtual career fair services nationwide by hosting a Back-To-Work Virtual Career Fair. Register here. Network with top employers from the comfort of your home. This event is open to anyone seeking employment, and is completely free. Wednesday, May 20, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Innovations in mental health are long overdue; the COVID-19 event has brought this into even sharper focus. The very nature of mental health services makes technological interventions difficult. However, innovation in the field, being driven by the public health crisis created by the virus, is now necessary. The Community Foundation for Northern Virginia is hosting a webinar to discuss how that innovation might happen. Experts in the mental health field will share their insights. Register here. Thursday, May 21, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Workshop
Ask Imagine Anything
Imagine is holding a webinar, opening it up to you to talk about what issues you’re facing and getting specific insight on how to address them. They’re taking questions ahead of time on the registration page. Questions can range from marketing strategy and web design to what they’re up to during lockdown and where you should order lunch – not much is off-limits. Register here. Wednesday, May 27, 3:00 p.m.
Breakfast with an Expert
Everyone has a story to tell. What’s yours and your company’s? On June 4, join us for Breakfast with an Expert with speaker Rebecca Barnes, Publisher, Prince William Living. She’ll teach you ways you can share your unique story and share some tips on how you can reach new hearts and minds. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn some valuable knowledge, all from the comfort of wherever you are! Register here. Thursday, June 4, 8:00 to 9:00 a.m.
- Welcome to Prince William County has small business information, job listings, and family life suggestions.
- Prince William County Networking has similar information.
- Town Hall allows you to find, follow and contact your elected officials.
- Team WIN (Women Inspired Networking) is holding regular virtual meetings.
- Haymarket Gainesville Business Association (HGBA) offers a variety of events and collaborates with local Chambers.
- Check the website for the Northern Virginia Black Chamber of Commerce for events they are offering.
- One Million Cups is holding online events.
- Visit the website for Prince William Professional Networkers (PWPN) for their events.
- And for writers and lovers of the literary word, there’s Write by the Rails (WbtR), offering events online.
These events are current as of the time we receive the information, and we make every attempt to be accurate. Be sure to check with the event sponsor or hosting organization prior to attending any event. Prince William Living is not responsible for event schedule changes or group policies.
Do you know of another great online community event our readership should know about? Click here to request we include it on our events calendar.
Sign up here to get this column in your email.