Provided by Prince William Conservation Alliance (PWCA)
A celebration of special places and special people! Get your tickets (free or donation or visit the auction) to cap the Spring is for Hope season. Your donation is appreciated, whether it’s $5.00 or $500.00.
Spring is for Hope offers many ways to support PWCA, have a good time, discover nature and explore history close to home. Bid on some fantastic items during our online auction here running from 12:00 noon May 13 to 8:00 p.m. June 4.
Or, participate in the photo contest here. Submissions are due May 20, and you can vote for your favorite photo starting May 27.
PWCA has had many successes over the years, from the acquisition of Merrimac Farm WMA and restoring wildlife habitat at Silver Lake to establishing Prince William’s first Virginia Scenic Byways. It’s been a team effort!
June 5 Program Agenda – Places Worth Protecting
- Classical Piano with Eli Kunkel
- Welcoming remarks with Kim Hosen
- Dr. Angela Knight, International Coloratura Soprano, will perform excerpts from Queen of the People’s Heart, a musical about Princess Diana
- Nature and Art with Ashley Studholme will share how art has enhanced the visitor experience at Merrimac Farm WMA
- Photo contest winners. Jean Beard will announce photo contest winners, who will share information about their winning entries.
- Frank Washington, Coalition to Save Thoroughfare, will talk about the value of honoring our historic resources.
- Joyce Hudson, Coalition to Save Carver Road, will share information about The Settlement, an historic freed black community
- Martin Jeter will talk about the importance of natural area parkland and progress opening Davis Ford Road Park
- Ruth Anderson will tell the story of how the Harbor Drive Wellness Park came to be and why it matters.
- Mike May will talk about how partnerships led to the Vantage Point Parkland on Tanyard Hill Road.
Learn how to register and more at pwconserve.org/party2021/index.html.