by Prince William County
Two COVID-19 drive-thru testing sites are opening May 15 in these Walmart parking lots:
- 17041 Jefferson Davis Highway, Dumfries
- 8386 Sudley Road, Manassas
The sites are supported by Walmart, eTrueNorth, state and local officials to test anyone who meets Centers for Disease Control (CDC), state and local guidelines on who should be tested. This includes first responders, health care providers, and others with symptoms of COVID-19, and those in high-risk groups without symptoms. Those interested must visit DoINeedaCOVID19test.com to see if they are eligible for testing and to make an appointment.
“We are happy to partner with the Health Department and Walmart to provide testing for citizens. It is important to provide sufficient COVID-19 testing in Prince William County. We are appreciative of the collaboration of resources to increase testing in our county,” said Prince William County Executive Chris Martino.
“Access to testing is essential to containing the spread of COVID-19 and making decisions about reopening Virginia in phases. Our thanks to Walmart and partners for helping stand up these drive-through testing locations,” said Virginia State Health Commissioner M. Norman Oliver, M.D.
“Walmart is part of the community, and we are proud to help support the expansion of COVID-19 testing Prince William County…” said Brooke Mueller, Walmart Public Affairs Director for Virginia. “We are grateful to our associates who keep our stores running, our pharmacists who support these testing sites, and to eTrueNorth and local officials as we work together to open the site and help our community.”
Details on the COVID-19 testing site:
- Beginning May 15, the site is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays weekly 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., weather permitting. Appointments must be made through eTrueNorth’s online portal at DoINeedaCOVID19test.com. Individuals will be screened to ensure they meet CDC eligibility for testing.
- For questions regarding testing, call 800-635-8611.
- Those tested will need to wear a mask and stay in their cars for verification of eligibility criteria, ID check, and self-administered test. For the safety of all those on site, the test site is not available to those who walk up.
- The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test that will allow those tested to swab their nose onsite while in vehicles. They will be observed by a trained medical volunteer to ensure the sample is taken correctly. The sealed sample will be dropped into a container on the way out of the drive-through site.
- eTrueNorth will handle processing test samples and communicating results to those tested and applicable Departments of Health.
- Walmart healthcare professionals staff the site.
- Please note, testing is not available inside Walmart stores.
- While individuals who are tested are awaiting results, please follow CDC guidelines and take steps to help prevent the virus from spreading to people in your home and community.