Help Us Help You — Proper Use of 911- Reporting Emergencies

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Provided by Prince William Fire & Rescue

DFR's 50th Anniversary Logo

As Prince William County continues to dig out from the massive snow storm, many citizens are inquiring about services to assist them in getting back to normal. PWL Inquiries regarding the status of roads and snow plowing in their neighborhoods should be directed to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) at or call 1-800-For Road (1-800-367-7623).

“Please DO NOT call 911 with questions about road conditions, snow plowing, etc.,” states Prince William County Fire and Rescue Chief Kevin McGee. “911 is only to be used for reporting emergencies! In order for first responders to assist those in dire need, communication lines at the 911 Call Center must be readily available. Any non-emergency calls received will delay the Center’s action in dispatching first responders to assist citizens, resulting in the endangerment of others that may be a life and death situation.”

Help Us Help You by contacting the proper resources for non-emergency inquiries by visiting Closings.aspx and


Leave A Reply