Provided by Virginia Department of Transportation
Learn about plans to extend the I-395 Express Lanes for eight miles north of Edsall Road to the vicinity of Eads Street near the Pentagon. Meetings are from 6:30-8:30 p. m., with a presentation at 7:00 p. m.
Monday, April 11, 2016: Wakefield High School Cafeteria, 1325 S. Dinwiddie Street, Arlington, VA 22206
Wednesday, April 13, 2016: Francis C. Hammond Middle School, 4646 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA 22304
The I-395 Express Lanes Northern Extension project involves:
- Expanding and converting the two existing reversible High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes on I-395 to three managed High Occupancy Toll (HOT) or Express Lanes for eight miles along I-395 from north of Edsall Road to the vicinity of Eads Street near the Pentagon
- Providing improved connections between the proposed I-395 Express Lanes and Eads Street
- Installing signage, toll systems, and an Active Traffic Management System
- Providing sound walls
- Conducting a transit and transportation demand management (TDM) study to identify projects to be funded through an annual transit payment
- Improvements will be built largely within VDOT’s right of way
- Construction is expected to begin in spring 2017 and be completed in summer 2019
For more information and to sign up for updates, visit Virginiadot.org/395express.