Provided by Prince William County Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta
The Prince William County Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. (PWCAC-DST) will host its 14th Annual Red Carpet Showcase on Saturday, Dec. 2, 2023, from 12 to 3 p.m. at the Montclair Country Club, 16500 Edgewood Drive, Montclair.
This is a free, public event to encourage literacy and exposure to the arts while providing an opportunity for emerging artists, authors, and musicians to showcase their talents to the community.
This year’s program will feature five participants – two from the Prince William County/Manassas area and three from the greater Washington, D.C., metropolitan region.
- Evelyn Chatters began painting in 2021. She expresses her creativity with abstract acrylic pours and has studied watercolor, oil, and drawing.
- Liletta Harlem is a multiple-book author dedicated to creating a brighter future for women and girls. She uses her words as a beacon of hope, motivating individuals to join the movement toward a more inclusive, empowered world.
- Theo Scott is a saxophonist who has played music for more than 30 years. He is a member of the Manassas Jazz Society.
- Jousett Service is an advocate for women’s health and author of “Women’s Gut Health Over 50,” a book dedicated to empowering women as they navigate the unique challenges of aging.
- Joscelyn “Jojo” Varlack-Hicks is passionate about the power of voting – so much so that she penned a book, “The Power of the Black Vote: And Government Tactics to Block It” – to inspire those who may feel disenfranchised to vote.
In addition, the program will include youth sharing their talents.
During the event, guests will have the opportunity to talk with the showcase artists, purchase artwork and books and enjoy delicious refreshments. Guests can expect an afternoon of artistic fun while supporting local talent, and perhaps indulging in a bit of holiday shopping! For more information, visit pwcacdst.org.