Provided by Prince William County Schools (PWCS)
All Prince William County Public Schools will close to students effective Saturday, March 14, until April 14, due to the growing health concern caused by COVID-19 (coronavirus). This closure may be extended depending on the situation.
- All SACC will be closed from March 16 onward.
- Packaged breakfasts and lunches will be provided to-go at select locations throughout the county, to anyone under the age of 18. Details on locations and times will follow in an additional message.
- The only employees who will report March 14 -17 will be the Superintendent, the Deputy Superintendent, the Associate Superintendents, and custodians as directed.
- Designated food service employees and custodians will report during the closure at select locations as scheduled.
- No other PWCS employees should report until further notice.
- Decisions on instruction and employees reporting to work beyond March 16-20 will be sent next week.
- All full and part-time employees will continue to be paid during the closure.
- For student safety, the SATs planned for this weekend have been canceled. Students should contact the College Board for more information.
- All activities and community use are canceled until further notice.