Ramrod Road Fire Incident

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Provided by Prince William Fire & Rescue

House fire at Ramrod Road, Woodbridge

On Friday, March 24th at 2:36 a. m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a structure fire in a single family home located in the 11200 block of Ramrod Road in Woodbridge.

Upon arrival, firefighters encountered the home fully involved in flames. As fire and rescue crews initiated defensive and rural water operations to extinguish the fire, they were informed all occupants had safely evacuated the home; five escaped through a second story window onto the roof of the front porch and two from the basement.

Of the seven occupants, two adults and three children were transported to area hospitals with non-life threatening injuries.

A Building Official was on scene and has posted the home unsafe. According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, damages are estimated at $525,000, a total loss. The fire started on the outside of the home caused by improper discarding of smoking materials.

Prince William County Fire and Rescue Chief Kevin McGee urges residents to take precautions when using smoking materials. “Smoking materials are the leading cause of fire deaths and although unintentional, the majority of home smoking-material fires are caused by human error.”


Comments are closed.