Recent Fires in Prince William

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Provided by Prince William Fire & Rescue

Fire at Bolter Lane home

On Friday, July 21st at 7:03 p. m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to an apartment fire at the Regency Apartment Homes complex located in the 9900 block of Shallow Creek Loop in Bristow. Upon entry, fire and rescue units discovered a fire had occurred in the kitchen of a second floor apartment. The fire on the kitchen’s stovetop had extended to the kitchen cabinets. The stovetop and cabinets that were on fire had been contained and extinguished by the building’s sprinkler system. Firefighters finished the extinguishment and checked for further extension to ensure the fire was out and the building was safe. No injuries reported.

The occupants, home at the time of the fire, were alerted to the fire by the smoke alarm sounding enabling them to safely evacuate the home. They also had a sprinkler system that contained and extinguished the fire preventing further damage and potential loss of life. According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, preliminary damages are estimated at $2,500.00. The Building Official has posted two apartments unsafe; the apartment in which the fire originated and the residence housed directly below due to water damage. Red Cross was on scene to assist four adults and two children displaced by the fire.
The fire originated on the stovetop. The cause was unattended cooking and has been determined as accidental.

On Friday, July 21st at 1:35 p. m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a structure fire in a two-story single-family home located in the 12000 block of Bolter Lane in Bristow. Upon arrival, fire and rescue crews observed fire in the rear of the home on the second floor deck. Firefighters immediately extinguished the fire that caused minor damage to the deck and siding but no extension into the home.
No injuries reported. According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, preliminary damages were minimal estimated at $7,500.00. The origin of the fire was the rear deck; the cause was improper disposal of smoking materials and has been determined as accidental.

On Saturday, July 22nd at 9:28 p. m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a townhouse fire located in the 7500 block of Cambell Court in Manassas. When fire and rescue units arrived, they found smoke throughout the home. Upon entry, fire and rescue units found fire in the basement of the home. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire, and performed overhaul, with no further extension to the home. According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, preliminary damages were moderate estimated at $45,000. The Building Official has posted the home unsafe. Red Cross was on scene to assist two adults displaced by the fire. The fire originated in the basement; the cause was electrical and has been determined as accidental. Although no injuries were reported, the home did not have working smoke detectors.


Comments are closed.