Provided by Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)
VDOT has announced upcoming traffic changes and lane closures throughout Northern Virginia:
Nighttime Lane Closures in Rosslyn
Nighttime lane closures on I-66 at the eastern end of the Rosslyn Tunnel will begin Sunday night, Sept. 15 to hang concrete panels and a debris shield along the side of the North Lynn Street overpass as part of the Lynn Street Esplanade and Custis Trail Improvements project.
The single-lane closures will occur along eastbound I-66 between the Exit 73 ramp to northbound Route 29 (Lee Highway) and Route 110 (Exit 75), and along westbound I-66 from just past the North Lynn Street ramp (Exit 73) to the western end of the Rosslyn Tunnel.
The closures will occur on the following schedule:
- Eastbound I-66 right lane: Sunday night, Sept. 15, Monday night, Sept. 16 and Tuesday night, Sept. 17 from 9:30 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning
- Eastbound I-66 left lane: Wednesday night, Sept. 18 and Thursday night, Sept. 19 from 9:30 p.m. each night until 5:00 a.m. the following morning
- Westbound I-66 left lane: Sunday night, Sept. 22, Monday night, Sept. 23 and Tuesday night, Sept. 24 from 10:00 p.m. each night until 5:00 a.m. the following morning.
- Westbound I-66 right lane: Wednesday night, Sept. 25 and Thursday night, Sept. 26 from 10:00 p.m. each night until 5:00 a.m. the following morning.
Drivers should expect delays and are advised to use alternate routes. A quarter-mile of a wider Custis Trail from North Lynn Street to North Oak Street opened to bicylists and pedestrians last month. The overall Lynn Street Esplanade and Custis Trail Improvements project is scheduled for completion in spring 2020.
Lane Closures on I-395 South
- Lane closures on southbound I-395 will begin at 10:00 p.m. Saturday and last until 6:00 a.m. Monday.
- Only one lane will remain open on the southbound I-395 general purpose lanes during overnight hours, starting at 11:00 p.m. Saturday night and at 9:00 p.m. Sunday night.
- At 9 a.m. on Sunday, one HOV lane will open in the southbound direction, with both lanes opening in the southbound direction at 6:00 p.m. By 4:00 a.m. on Monday, the HOV lanes will be reversed to the northbound direction.
- Weekly updates with specific closure information will be available at:ExpressLanes.com and VDOT’s 395 Express Lanes Web Page.
- The reversible 95 Express Lanes, from near Edsall Road to past Garrisonville Road in Stafford, will operate according to their normal schedule.
Paving on I-66 Between Route 234 Business and Route 29 in Gainesville
- I-66 West from Route 29 Centreville to Route 234 Business (Sudley Road) from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- I-66 West from Route 29 Centreville to Route 234 Business (Sudley Road) from 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- I-66 West from Route 234 Business (Sudley Road) to Route 29 Centreville from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.