Provided by Prince William Fire & Rescue
Winter Storm Jonas has come and gone. PWL As businesses begin the process of cleaning up the massive accumulation of snow, Prince William County Fire and Rescue Chief Kevin McGee would like to remind businesses of the following to ensure the safety of their patrons and employees:
- All exit ways are kept free of snow and provide an unobstructed means of egress for the occupants.
- Sprinkler and standpipe connections are clearly identifiable.
- Hydrants and fire department connections are dug out and accessible for use.
- Snow is cleared from gas meters and exhaust meters.
- Fire Lanes are dug out and clearly identifiable.
- All fire department access points are kept clear.
If you have further questions or concerns, please contact the Fire Marshal’s Office at 703-792-6360 during regular business hours.