Provided by Sentara Health
COVID-19 numbers are increasing around the country, and the communities Sentara serves are no exceptions. Data from the Virginia Department of Health shows Hampton Roads, for example, is seeing a concerning rise in positive COVID-19 tests and hospitalizations.
Sentara urges the community to practice safe and responsible habits to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Patients and the community should follow these simple safety protocols this summer. Protect yourselves and your loved ones by:
- Wearing a mask when in public or at work
- Staying at least six feet away from others, especially in public places such as restaurants, retail stores, and the beach
- Limiting outings and avoiding large social gatherings
- Washing hands and cleaning surfaces frequently
- Covering coughs and sneezes
These small actions will make a big difference and help avoid more drastic infection control measures in the future.
Learn how Sentara is keeping you safe.
Sentara Partners with Virginia Ready to Support Education and Skill Training
Sentara Healthcare is leveraging community partnerships to provide education, training and other services that promote stability within the communities we serve. Virginia (VA) Ready is a public non-profit created in response to a surge in unemployment caused by the COVID-19 pandemic with which Sentara has partnered. VA Ready is focused on retraining Virginia’s workforce to enter new roles in high-growth sectors.