Provided by Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center
Sentara lists below the ways that they’re responding to COVID-19.
Sentara hospital visitation to be limited
Sentara Life Care facilities to limit visitors to two per day
Optima Health to waive member co-pays for tele-visits and prescribed testing
Optima Health is handling the COVID-19 testing as preventive care for infectious diseases screening. They are helping members manage testing and treatment for COVID-19 by:
- Waiving out-of-pocket member costs associated with COVID-19 diagnostic testing at any in-network lab location for all commercial, Medicaid or Medicare Advantage members.
- Offering tele-health visits free to members (i.e., no member co-pays or cost-share) for in-network virtual care partners. Tele-Health options include Sentara Video Visits between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. and our 24-hour partner organization, MDLIVE.
Sentara is developing in-house COVID-19 testing
Additionally, Sentara laboratories expect to be able to conduct COVID-19 testing in-house at regional sites in the next few weeks. We are purchasing the needed equipment and creating a process to make sure testing can be turned around quickly.
Recommended best practices
- Call your healthcare provider to determine the safest screening method for you. If you are a Sentara patient, this may include a video visit.
- Please consider a virtual visit to determine if you need further screening or testing. Many insurance plans, including Optima Health, will cover the member cost of testing for COVID-19. Options include Sentara Video Visits or MDLIVE.
- If you have a respiratory illness that includes a fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath AND you meet travel or exposure criteria for COVID-19, AND you do not have a primary care physician, cannot participate in a virtual visit, or a visit has recommended further screening or testing for COVID-19, visit your local emergency department. Please call in advance so that infection prevention precautions may be taken to protect you, other patients, visitors and employees.
Sentara can confirm that presumptive positive patients sought care at Sentara Leigh Hospital and Sentara Princess Anne Hospital.