Ready for Shenanigans
By Prince William Living Publisher, Rebecca Barnes
Like this article? Support us by subscribing here. Your donation will help us continue to provide quality-of-life news and make local impact possible.
St. Patrick’s Day is a day of celebration for many people around the world. Whether you’re of Irish descent or not, (March is Irish American Heritage Month) this holiday is a great excuse to enjoy delicious food and drinks with friends and family. And when it comes to St. Patrick’s Day drinks, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are 15 of our favorite St. Patrick’s Day drink recipes you can try* this year.
- Irish Coffee Irish coffee is a classic St. Patrick’s Day drink. To make it, simply brew a strong cup of coffee, add a shot of Irish whiskey, and top it off with whipped cream. It’s the perfect way to start your St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
- Shamrock Shake If you’re a fan of McDonald’s Shamrock Shake, you’ll love this homemade version. Blend together vanilla ice cream, milk, mint extract, and green food coloring to create a refreshing and festive treat.
- Guinness Float Take your root beer float to the next level with a Guinness float. Scoop some vanilla ice cream into a glass, pour in some Guinness, and enjoy the creamy and delicious combination.
- Irish Car Bomb This infamous St. Patrick’s Day drink is not for the faint of heart. To make an Irish Car Bomb, drop a shot glass filled with Irish whiskey and Bailey’s into a pint of Guinness, and chug it as quickly as possible.
- Irish Margarita Combine tequila, lime juice, triple sec, and Irish whiskey to create this fun and festive St. Patrick’s Day drink. Add some green food coloring for an extra touch of holiday spirit.
- Mint Julep Mint juleps are traditionally associated with the Kentucky Derby, but they also make a great St. Patrick’s Day drink. Mix together bourbon, simple syrup, and fresh mint leaves, and serve it over crushed ice.
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Hot Chocolate Warm up on a chilly St. Patrick’s Day with this indulgent drink. Mix hot chocolate and Bailey’s Irish Cream for a rich and creamy treat.
- Irish Mule Swap out the vodka in a traditional Moscow Mule for Irish whiskey to create this St. Patrick’s Day variation. Mix whiskey, ginger beer, and lime juice, and serve it over ice.
- Grasshopper Cocktail This classic cocktail combines creme de menthe, creme de cacao, and cream for a sweet and minty treat. Add some green food coloring for a festive touch.
- Irish Sour Mix together Irish whiskey, lemon juice, and simple syrup for a refreshing and tangy St. Patrick’s Day drink. Serve it over ice and garnish with a lemon wedge.
- Blarney Stone Cocktail This fun and festive cocktail combines Irish whiskey, green creme de menthe, and ginger ale for a sweet and refreshing drink. Garnish with a lime wedge for an extra touch of green.
- Leprechaun’s Lunch Mix together Midori melon liqueur, pineapple juice, and coconut cream for a tropical twist on a St. Patrick’s Day drink. Serve it over ice and garnish with a pineapple wedge.
- Irish Buck Combine Irish whiskey, lime juice, and ginger ale for a simple and refreshing St. Patrick’s Day drink. Serve it over ice and garnish with a lime wedge.
- Emerald Isle Cocktail Mix together gin, green Chartreuse, and lime juice for a refreshing and herbaceous St. Patrick’s Day drink. Serve it over ice and garnish with a lime wheel.
- Irish Tea Cocktail Mix together Irish whiskey, honey, and black tea for a warm and cozy St. Patrick’s Day drink.
Be sure to check out the Manassas St. Patrick’s Day Parade and other local activities!
*If you are going to drink, please do so responsibly! Have a designated driver (I am already booked) or use Lyft or Uber.