Provided by Community Foundation for Northern Virginia
The Community Foundation for Northern Virginia is hosting its 2021 Shape of the Region Conference (virtual) on March 11, 2021, from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m. The theme this year is Co-Creating a New Northern Virginia: An Emerging Vision of a More Inclusive, Sustainable, and Equitable Region.
This event will explore the collective efforts of government, social, philanthropy, and private sector actors to bring more inclusivity, sustainability, and equity across our region. The event will feature brief stories and a panel discussion to highlight recent cross sector collaborations that have helped promote a more equitable and inclusive region Join us for the most interactive and participatory Shape of the Region Conference to date.
The keynote speaker is Strategic Futurist Nancy Giordano. Described as endlessly optimistic, Nancy has expertise and experiences ranging from A.I. to frozen foods to reinventing the internet, and all her projects have a key common denominator: transitioning away from the extractive operating systems and outdated business thinking that no longer hold up to create the more sustainable, inclusive and dynamic solutions the future demands.
Registration is $40 and includes an e-copy of keynote speaker Nancy Giordano’s book: LEADERing, THE WAYS VISIONARY LEADERS PLAY BIGGER.
- Catherine Buell, Head of Community Development, Amazon;
- Irene Chambers, Interim President, Tinner Hill Heritage Foundation;
- Laura Flamm, Senior Program Manager, Community Health, Kaiser Permanente;
- Brittany Greer, Executive Director and Founder, Rosie Riveters;
- Julian Ha, Partner at Heidrich & Struggles;
- Nikki Graves Henderson, co-chair, Tinner Hill Historic District Mural Project;
- Harry Klaff, Principal and President of Clients, Avison Young (Community Foundation Board Member);
- Buddy Rizer, Executive Director, Loudoun Economic Development;
- Stewart Schwartz, Executive Director, Coalition for Smarter Growth;
- Zuzana Steen, Academic and Community Relations Director, Micron Technology, Inc.;
- David Tarter, Mayor, Falls Church;
- Yolonda Earl Thompson, Director of Community Impact, United Community.
To register for this event, please visit cfnova.org/shape-region.
The Community Foundation for Northern Virginia will be co-presenting this event with the following partners: Asian American Chamber of Commerce, George Mason University, Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce, Loudoun Chamber, Northern Virginia Black Chamber of Commerce, Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce, Northern Virginia Community College, Northern Virginia Regional Commission, Northern Virginia Technology Council, and Virginia Hispanic Chamber.
Support for this event is generously provided by The Mather (Silver Water Break Sponsor) and Deloitte (Copper Sponsor).