Provided by Patient First
Memorial Day weekend marks the unofficial start of summer. While there may not be as many gatherings with family and friends this holiday weekend, many Memorial Day celebrations will continue. No matter where you live, people continue to limit their exposure to the coronavirus.
Patient First has provided uninterrupted care throughout the pandemic and will continue to do so throughout the Memorial Day weekend and beyond. COVID-19 testing will also be available at designated centers.
Protecting Your Skin
As you head outdoors for some fun, whether it is at the beach or in your backyard, protect your family from the sun’s damaging ultraviolet (UV) rays. Patient First physicians have these suggestions to save your skin:
- Always use a broad spectrum sunscreen with a minimum of 30 SPF, even when it’s cloudy. Apply sunscreen 15 to 20 minutes before going outside.
- Wide-brimmed hats help shade your neck and face but do not offer complete protection. Use sunscreen on these sensitive areas.
- Wear light-weight sun-protective clothing. Long sleeves and long pants also protect the skin.
- Wear sunglasses that block UV rays.
Sun damage accumulates and occurs even when you are not actively trying to soak up a few rays. Whether you are walking the dog or mowing the lawn, sun damage adds up over time. Remember that newborns and children are especially sensitive to the sun’s rays. Protecting their skin is crucial.
Family cookouts are a Memorial Day tradition. More people will celebrate at home with a backyard cookout during this pandemic. Keep everyone safe when you fire up the grill. Remember these precautions:
- Keep children and pets away. Establish a three-foot “Kid Free Zone” around your grill.
- Use your grill outdoors only. Keep it away from your home, deck furniture and overhanging branches that might catch fire.
- Remove grease or fat from the grill tray so it does not flame up.
- Never leave the grill unattended.
- Grilling and drinking alcohol don’t mix.
All Patient First Medical Centers are open from 8:00 a.m. until 10 :00 p.m. on Memorial Day and every day of the year. COVID-19 testing also continues during the holiday at designated Patient First locations. Updates about testing sites, instructions about how to make an appointment, and other information are available at patientfirst.com/covid-19-testing.