Streamside Court Fire Incident

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Provided by Prince William Fire & Rescue

Prince William County Seal

On Friday, November 20th, at approximately 11:30 p.m., fire and rescue crews were dispatched to a townhouse fire located in the 15200 block of Streamside Court in Montclair.

Upon arrival, fire and rescue crews observed fire showing from the front of the mid-row townhouse. Firefighters made entry into the home and discovered fire in the living room area. Firefighters commenced suppression and extinguishment of the fire while checking for further extension; no further extension was found.

No injuries reported.

Red Cross was called to assist one resident displaced by the fire.

Preliminary damages estimated at $90,000.

A Building Inspector was called to the scene and has posted the building unsafe. The fire is currently under investigation by the Fire Marshal’s Office.

Prince William County Fire and Rescue Chief Kevin McGee would like to remind residents that smoke alarms save lives ( PWL You double your chances of surviving a fire when you install working smoke alarms in your home. Remember to:

  • Install smoke detectors on every level within the home including the basement.
  • Test smoke detectors monthly and replace batteries as needed.
  • Change batteries when you change clocks (spring and fall).
  • Replace smoke detectors every 10 years.

Leave A Reply