Sudley Road Fire Incident

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Provided by Prince William Fire & Rescue

DFR's 50th Anniversary Logo

On Wednesday, May 4 at 2:39 a. m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a structure fire in a two-story single family home located in the 4400 block of Sudley Road in Manassas.

Upon arrival, fire and rescue crews observed fire in the attached garage. Firefighters commenced a fire attack and initiated rural water supply operations and extinguished the fire.

No injuries reported.

The occupants were alerted to the fire by the sounding of smoke alarms allowing them to safely evacuate the home. Due to fire and smoke damage, the occupants, 3 residents, were displaced due to the home sustaining moderate to severe fire and smoke damage.

According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, preliminary damages are estimated at $500,000.

A Building Official was on scene and has posted the home unsafe.

The fire is currently under investigation by the Fire Marshal’s Office.

Prince William County Fire and Rescue Chief Kevin McGee would like to remind residents that smoke alarms save lives ( You double your chances of surviving a fire when you install working smoke alarms in your home.

Remember to:

  • Install smoke detectors on every level within the home including the basement.
  • Test smoke detectors monthly and replace batteries as needed.
  • NEVER remove the battery for use in other appliances.
  • Change batteries when you change clocks (spring and fall).
  • Replace smoke detectors every 10 years.

Proper maintenance of smoke detectors can cut the chances of dying in a house fire significantly.


Leave A Reply