By Helena Kennedy
Sponsored by Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center
This summer, take a break from the hot weather and summer boredom by going to a town center! In fact, there are so many great things happening at Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center in Woodbridge that you will be asking yourself, “Why aren’t we ‘summering’ at Stonebridge?” What makes Stonebridge unique from other retail centers in the region is that they tie in events and fun entertainment, making it a wonderful destination for families, date night or any occasion.
“Have kids? We’ve got you covered. Things kids love: water, music and movies! We have all three covered,” said Anastasia Podorski, Property Manager for Stonebridge.
- Want to cool off from the hot summer sun? Their splash pad is in operation daily from 10:00 a. m. – 8:00 p. m. (see the website stonebridgeptc.com for rules and regulations).
- Want entertainment for your kids to wash away the summer boredom blues and grow their appreciation for music? Visit Stonebridge every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a. m. for Kids Entertainment by Uncle Julio’s, where they have various family-friendly entertainers performing. Do you have a kid that fancies themselves as a musician? Show them that practices pay off on the second and fourth Fridays of the month for Stonebridge’s Summer Concerts. They start at 8:00 p. m. in front of Orvis.
- Want to just ‘chillax’ and take a break from the usual stresses of life? Alamo Drafthouse Cinema hosts a daily kids movie where the cost is $1, $3 or $5 – the choice is yours and 100% of the ticket sales goes to a local non-profit. On the first and third Saturdays they also have a movie on the big screen starting at 8:00 p. m. “Pack up the chairs/blankets grab a sweet treat from Sweet Society or plan a family picnic with something to go from one of our many restaurants and enjoy a movie under the stars,” said Podorski.
Three great ways to keep the kids happy. And happy kids mean happy parents!
While you may love the extra time with your kids this summer, don’t forget to take time for a date night or just a night for yourself! There are so many great options that are perfect for a date night, girls/guys night or to take an out-of-town visitor:
- Paint and sip at Muse Paintbar
- Dinner at one of our amazing restaurants
- Brews from our local brewery – Brew Republic
- Dinner and a movie at Alamo Drafthouse
- Happy Hour at Bar Louie · Live music at Bar Louie starting at 10:00 p. m. (if you are still awake)
- Fresh made donuts from Duck Donuts you can eat while they are still warm!
“There are tons of great options and we still haven’t talked about the great shopping…don’t get us started,” said Podorski. “Stonebridge is the perfect place to ‘summer’ this summer.” Be sure to check Stonebridge out for yourself and visit stonebridgeptc.com