Vint Hill Road Fire Incident

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Provided by Prince William Fire & Rescue

DFR's 50th Anniversary Logo

On Monday, October 10th, at 2:13 p. m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a structure fire in a single-family home located in the 13700 block of Vint Hill Road in Nokesville.

Upon arrival, firefighters were informed all occupants were safely out of the home as they observed smoke billowing from the structure. As fire and rescue crews made entry, they discovered fire in the kitchen that had begun to spread throughout the home. Firefighters began suppression and quickly extinguished the fire.

No injuries reported.

Two adults were displaced as a result of the fire.

A Building Official was on scene and has posted the home unsafe.

According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, preliminary damages are estimated at $20,000. The origin and cause of the fire was a stovetop accidentally turned on while combustibles were on top of it; the fire has been determined to be accidental.

Prince William County Fire & Rescue Chief Kevin McGee would like to remind residents that cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and home fire injuries. These fires are preventable by simply being more attentive when using cooking materials and equipment.

Look When You Cook:

  • Stay in the area of the cooking equipment when you are frying, grilling, broiling, boiling or microwaving food.
  • If you must leave the area, turn off the equipment.
  • When simmering, baking or roasting, check it frequently and use a timer as a reminder.
  • Keep cooking areas clean and clear of any and all combustibles (e.g., potholders, towels, rags, and food packaging).
Share.

Leave A Reply