Provided by Volunteer Prince William
Here are a few of the volunteer opportunities available in Greater Prince William this week:
- House of Mercy cordially invites you to their Annual Tea and Fashion Show on Sunday, March 29, 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. at the Manassas Park Community Center. High Tea, raffles, and fashion show are included in your ticket for just $40 to support the programs of the center. There are also lots of sponsor opportunities in their program for your business or organization. Please visit their website to learn more.
- For Children’s Sake is looking for foster parents to provide a loving and stable home for youth in foster care. There are both short- and long-term placements needed, and you’ll receive all the training needed throughout this journey. Please call Kelley at (703) 817-9890 to learn more.
- Girls on the Run is looking for coaches for the Spring 2020 season. Lace up your sneakers and come inspire girls in grade 3-8 to be strong, confident and healthy. You do not need to be a runner to coach. You just need to serve as a role model by showing up prepared and on time, listening attentively and demonstrating a positive attitude. You will need to commit to two to three hours per week for a 10-week session with additional time for training and the 5K race. The season starts March 2. Please visit their website to learn more.
- Prince William Food Rescue needs a key volunteer on Tuesdays and Fridays from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. to manage a large donation from the Walmart on Liberia Road in Manassas. This job consists of going to the site, reporting back on the size of the donation that day, split up everything to the drivers until all as gone. Please email Claire to learn more about this awesome program.
- The Virginia Cooperative Extension is seeking volunteer parent education facilitators to lead parenting classes and workshops throughout the community. Orientation is March 2. The training is March 21 and 28 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and March 30 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Please email Carolina to learn more.
- ACTS needs volunteers in the Thrift Shop to sort donations, help customers and stock donations. Please visit their website to register and learn more.
- Prince William Solid Waste Division needs handy, fixer volunteers for their Fix it Fair on June 13 at Chinn Park Library. If you like to repair small appliances, clocks, jewelry ,etc., you would help promote reuse practices to reduce waste. Please email your name, phone and fix it specialties to [email protected]. by March 13.
- The Literacy Council of Nova needs volunteer tutors to teach English at the Lorton Senior Center on Monday and Wednesday evenings. The curriculum and lesson plans are provided. Please email Amy to learn more.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension is having their next Master Financial Educator Volunteer training from April 2to May 21 at the McCoart and Ferlazzo government centers. Click here for more info.
- The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) needs volunteers who can help fourth grade students learn to be “Safe at Home!” Volunteers should be at least 55, available during the school day and comfortable with presenting an interactive lesson in a school setting. Training is provided. You’ll feel great as you teach youngsters the skills, they need to cope with being home alone! Please contact Jan at 571.292.5307 to learn more.
- Historic Dumfries needs an electrician to check out an outside security light that’s started to strobe. Please call Lisa at (703) 221-2218 for more info.
- The 2020 Big Spring Neabsco Creek Cleanup is Saturday, March 7, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. Volunteers are needed to help with this fun event. You’ll meet at Neabsco Eagles Park, 15801 Neabsco Road. They’ll provide litter bags, grabbers, gloves and light refreshments. Please wear boots for this event. Please email [email protected] to learn more.
- Clean the Stream needs volunteers on Saturday, March 14, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon at the stream adjacent to Sudley Manor Drive in Manassas. Please email them to learn more.
- Serve Our Willing Warriors is hosting a Monte Carlo Night on March 28 at 6:30 p.m. Volunteers are needed in a host of different ways to make this a successful event to support their families. Please email Sarah to learn more.
- The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program is looking for volunteers age 55+ to drive veterans or spouses to their doctors’ appointments. It’s very easy to help these individuals get the care they need while remaining in their homes. RSVP members receive a mileage reimbursement and additional insurance coverage at no cost to the volunteer. Please call Jan at (571) 292-5307 to learn more.
If you are looking for other opportunities, please call Volunteer Prince William at (703) 369-5292 or visit our website. Thanks so much for all you do in our community.