Provided by Volunteer Prince William
Did You Know: Prince William Food Rescue Heroes who are “55 and better” can join the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)! Along with the benefits of volunteering to do home food deliveries, RSVP members also receive a mileage stipend and insurance coverage while on their volunteer shift. Just an hour or so of your time helps provide food to local families facing food insecurity! Please email email@example.com to learn how you can join.
- Historic Manassas Visitor Center is looking for volunteers age 18 and up to work four-hour shifts on weekdays, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. Friendly customer service required, as you will be the face of Historic Manassas, the first person people meet. Duties include answering phones, providing information about Old Town businesses, shops and restaurants, sharing historical information and helping with special projects as needed. Training is provided. Working for the Visitor Center is a great way to connect to the City and be in the know of what is going on, along with helping out of town travelers navigate the downtown businesses. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- BEACON for Adult Literacy is recruiting volunteers to become Substitute Instructors for the current session which began Nov. 30 and runs through March 5, 2021. Volunteers are needed to provide small group instruction to English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). No second language or teaching experience required; free training is provided. Standardized curriculum and textbooks are used. Volunteers teach two to four hours per week. Classes are offered both in the morning 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., (Monday to Friday), and evening, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. (Tuesday and Thursday). Please call 571.428.2507 or email email@example.com to learn more.
- Calling all Elves! House of Mercy needs volunteers age 10 and up to support their Christmas with Mercy program Dec. 8 through 12. You’ll feel great as you provide Christmas joy to over 400 children! Please visit houseofmercyva.org and click on Christmas with Mercy to sign up. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Save the date! Keep Prince William Beautiful is focusing their December Community Cleanup at Rollingwood Village near Occoquan on Dec. 12 at 10:00 a.m. Volunteers should meet at the Rollingwood Village community park, 3399 Rollingwood Drive, Woodbridge. Two check in times for volunteers (10:00 and 10:30 a.m.) will be available to minimize contact. Please wear a mask at check-in. Staff will provide all supplies (litter pickers, trash bags, gloves, and safety vests); hand sanitizer and a first aid kit will also be on hand. Please wear weather-appropriate clothes and closed-toe shoes. Bring a water bottle to stay hydrated. Please visit bit.ly/2VqVY6R to register. Questions? Email email@example.com to learn more.
- Northern Virginia Veterans Association has taken on the role of planning, organizing and running Wreaths Across America at Quantico National Cemetery Dec. 16 through 19. Help is needed this four-day period to participate in wreath laying, buying wreaths or volunteering to support this enormous logistical event. This is a great opportunity for the whole family to Remember, Honor, and Teach about our veterans and their sacrifices. All health precautionary measures will be observed. To volunteer, sign up at signupgenius.com/go/10c0d48a9a82cabffc43-wreaths. Please email Fred@novavets.org for more information.
- Do you enjoy taking photographs? The staff at Serve Our Willing Warriors wants to meet you! They’re looking for professional photographers to take individual and group pictures of Wounded Warriors and their families during their stay at the Warrior Retreat at Bull Run in Haymarket. You’ll help create special memories for these brave veterans and their families with your photographs! For more information, please contact Larry.Zilliox@willingwarriors.org.
COVID-19 Volunteer Opportunities:
- The Community Feeding Task Force urgently needs muscular volunteers ages 18 to 55 on weekdays to either pack nonperishable boxes or help move USDA boxes that weigh between 30 to 40 pounds to be redistributed to over 70 local food pantries. This will be held in the central food warehouse located in Manassas; volunteers should be prepared for considerable lifting of boxes. A few hours a week will help to deliver food to vulnerable families in our local community! Please visit volunteerprincewilliam.org and visit the organization called VPW-COVID 19 Response to view the opportunities. To register, you must create an account on our website, then go into the opportunity to Respond to the opportunity. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Medical Reserve Corps Support your local health department and your community during a public health emergency! Volunteers are needed to support several missions, including public health education and outreach, disease investigation, vaccine clinics, and more! Medical experience is not required; they have roles for everyone! Bilingual volunteers are especially needed. Volunteers must be 18 years of age, complete minimum training, and pass a state background check to serve. Please fill out an application at vamrc.org. Questions? Please email Amy at email@example.com for more information.
- American Red Cross needs volunteers to be Shelter Service Associates in the event of a disaster during COVID-19. Volunteers work in person in a Red Cross shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event, completing tasks necessary for shelter operations and providing assistance for disaster clients. Duties include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information or other areas within a shelter. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Prince William Food Rescue (PWFR) needs Food Rescue Heroes as the program is super busy delivering food to both ACTS and SERVE homebound senior citizens. Volunteers are urgently needed countywide! Home food deliveries are no contact and follow social distancing guidelines. PWFR is an app-based program enabling volunteers to pick up viable, close to expiration food from supermarkets, restaurants, food pantries, etc., and then deliver it to a program that can immediately use the food. Just an hour of your time will do much to provide relief for food insecure families in our community! More info on PWFR may be found at pwfoodrescue.org/. Please contact Shirley at email@example.com or call 703.441.8606 ext. 212 for more information.