Provided by Volunteer Prince William
Prevention Alliance of Greater Prince William (thepreventionalliance.org) is conducting a Young Adult Survey. This anonymous survey will help gather current behavioral health data to better understand behavioral health trends among young adult populations within the county and better inform prevention strategies for the upcoming year. Those between 18 and 25 who are residents of Prince William County, City of Manassas, or Manassas Park are eligible to participate for the chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card. Participants should visit surveymonkey.com/r/W67KPFN to take the survey. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- ACTS has a critical need for volunteers in the Hunger Prevention Center and in the ACTS Thrift Store and Thrift Donation Center. ACTS’ main concern is the health and safety of volunteers, staff, and community. Please visit actspwc.org/volunteer for information on volunteering and policies in place for volunteers. Contact Shirley at SCouteau@actspwc.org for more information.
- Did You Know: Prince William Food Rescue Heroes who are “55 and better” can also join the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)! Along with the benefits of volunteering to do home food deliveries, RSVP members also receive a mileage stipend and insurance coverage while on their volunteer shift. Just an hour or so of your time helps provide food to local families facing food insecurity! Please email email@example.com to learn how you can join.
- Prince William Food Rescue is continuing their popular Build a Box Program through January! Volunteer groups of 5-10 who can spare a few hours during the morning or afternoon to help build and pack boxes of non-perishables are needed. All activity will be done at their food warehouse located at 8418 KAO Circle, Manassas. Individuals or smaller groups are welcome as well! Children age 7+ are welcome but must be supervised by an adult at all times. You’ll feel great as you assemble food that goes to food insecure families in our community! Please visit bit.ly/2KtpwPD to sign up your group. Please email CDuncan@actspwc.org to learn more.
- SERVE needs groups of 6-8 people who can prepare a home cooked meal for their 60-70 shelter residents. All meals are drop-by delivery only due to the pandemic. However, this lets families and kids help out at home! You’ll feel great knowing you’re bringing the warmth and comfort of a nutritious home-cooked meal to the homeless! Please contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org list of open dates.
- Spanish speakers! SERVE also needs bilingual volunteers age 16+ to assist food clients in their Hunger Resource Center. Your skills will make a big impact as you ensure Spanish speaking families have access to nutritious food. Please email email@example.com to learn how you can make a difference.
COVID-19 Volunteer Opportunities:
- Medical Reserve Corps Support your local health department and your community during a public health emergency! Volunteers are needed to support several missions, including public health education and outreach, disease investigation, vaccine clinics, and more! Medical experience is not required; they have roles for everyone! Bilingual volunteers are especially needed. Volunteers must be 18 years of age, complete minimum training, and pass a state background check to serve. Please fill out an application at vamrc.org. Questions? Please email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- American Red Cross needs volunteers to be Shelter Service Associates in the event of a disaster during COVID-19. Volunteers work in person in a Red Cross shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event, completing tasks necessary for shelter operations and providing assistance for disaster clients. Duties include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information or other areas within a shelter. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- Prince William Food Rescue (PWFR) needs Food Rescue Heroes, as the program is super busy delivering food to both ACTS and SERVE homebound senior citizens. Volunteers are urgently needed countywide! Home food deliveries are no contact and follow social distancing guidelines. PWFR is an app-based program enabling volunteers to pick up viable, close to expiration food from supermarkets, restaurants, food pantries, etc., and then deliver it to a program that can immediately use the food. Just an hour of your time will do much to provide relief for food insecure families in our community! More info on PWFR may be found at pwfoodrescue.org/. Please contact Shirley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.441.8606 ext. 212 for more information.