Provided by Volunteer Prince William
Volunteer Prince William compiles a list of all the volunteer opportunities in greater Prince William. Here are just a few of them:
Meals and Meal Delivery
- Home Life VA is hosting a Thanksgiving Dinner for the homeless in the Manassas area on Sunday, Nov. 18. Donations of food or prepared dishes are needed for this event. Please email Jamary at email@example.com for all the latest news on this splendid event.
- House of Mercy needs lots of help and food donations year-round to feed over 400 families a month. Hold a food drive, share this on all your outlets and give them a call (703) 659-1636 to learn more.
- The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program is looking for volunteers age 55+ to deliver noon meals through the Meals on Wheels Program. Shifts are just two to three hours and available throughout the area. RSVP members receive a mileage reimbursement and additional insurance coverage at no cost to the volunteer. Please call Jan at (571) 292-5307 to learn more.
- The Lake Jackson Lions Club is having their Annual Shrimp Sale and Florida Citrus Sale. Please order the shrimp by Nov. 11 with a pick-up date of Nov. 17. Please order the fruit by Nov. 14 with a pickup date of Dec. 6-8. Please call Joe at (703) 368-1096 for all the details. It’s very easy to support these great folks who do so much good in our community.
- Prince William Soil & Water needs volunteers on Saturday, Nov. 10, from 9:00 a. m.-12:00 noon at the waterway near Bull Run Shopping Center and Costco. Please wear boots and they will provide gloves, grabbers and bags. Please email the office, firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Leesylvania State Park needs volunteers for their monthly shoreline cleanups to pick up trash and drift wood. The work days are Nov. 10, Dec. 1, Jan.19, Feb. 16, March 23, April 13 and May 18. Please register by calling the visitor center at (703) 583-6904 so they have your name to waive the entry fee of the park.
- The Woodbridge District invites you to their Big Cleanup & Education on Plastic Pollution event on Saturday, Nov. 17, 9:00 a. m.-12:00 p. m. at Veterans Memorial Park. Please register online at pwtsc.org.
- Keep Prince William Beautiful has lots of fun clean-up events this fall. Come get your hands dirty and have fun. On Nov. 10, they are at the Woodbridge Senior Center; on Nov. 17 they are at Veterans Park; and Dec. 5 is the quarterly litter survey. Please call Nicole at (571) 285-3772 to join in where you can.
- Prince William SPCA is collecting pet food to support needy families this time of year. The Pet Food Drive runs through Nov. 12. Please visit their website, pwspca.org, for all the drop off locations.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension is having a First Time Buyers Seminar on Saturday, Nov. 17 in Manassas given in Spanish and in Woodbridge given in English. Please call Joanne at (703) 792-5891 to register.
- Court Appointed Special Advocates needs volunteers to advocate for a child who has been abused or neglected. Come join one of their information sessions to learn more about this outstanding program. You’ll receive extensive training to match your special heart for a child. Please email Suzanne at email@example.com for the times and locations of the information sessions for November and December.
- Catholic Charities Hogar Center is looking volunteers to assist students with job applications, resumes, and mock interviews to prepare them for the workforce. Please email Arielle at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Wreaths Across America invite you and your family to the Annual Wreath Laying event on Saturday, Dec. 15 at both Arlington National Cemetery and our own Quantico National Cemetery. You can register to volunteer on their website: wreathsacrossamerica.org. Come Remember, Honor and Teach our youngsters these values.
- The City of Manassas Parks, Culture & Recreation need volunteers to decorate the Manassas Museum on Nov. 13 and 14. Please call (703) 368-1873 for all the details.
- The Center for the Arts needs volunteer docents Monday – Friday during the day. This volunteer opportunity includes greeting visitors and sharing the Center’s history and programs. Please call Jordan at (703) 330-2787 to learn more.
- Virginia Service invites you to nominate your favorite volunteer for the 2019 Governor’s Award in Volunteering Excellence. The categories include Adult, youth, senior, family, faith-based organization, educational institution, community organization, small business and corporation. Nominations are due by Dec. 15. Please visit virginiaservice.virginia.gov for all the specifics.
If you are looking for other opportunities, please call Volunteer Prince William at (703) 369-5292 or visit volunteerprincewilliam.org. Thanks so much for all you do in our community.