Provided by Volunteer Prince William
Volunteer Prince William keeps a running list of the volunteer opportunities in the greater Prince William area. Here are just a few from their list:
New Year’s Day
- SERVE is looking for a volunteer group (6-8 people) age 16+ to prepare and serve brunch and dinner on New Year’s Day. It’s a great way to start off 2019 by providing a home-cooked meal for adults and kids in a homeless situation! Please call Julie at (571) 748-2674 for details.
- Keep Prince William Beautiful is in need of volunteers for their next litter survey on Dec. 20 from 8:30 a. m.-12:00 p. m. It’s a fun way to get out in the fresh air, help the environment and enjoy a free lunch afterwards! For more information, please contact Nicole at email@example.com.
- Leesylvania State Park needs volunteers for their monthly shoreline cleanups to pick up trash and driftwood. The work days are Jan. 19, Feb. 16, March 23, April 13 and May 18. Please register by calling the visitor center at (703) 583-6904 so they have your name to waive the park entry fee.
- Brain Injury Services needs a volunteer to befriend an Italian American gentleman recovering from a stroke who lives in Lorton. Duties would entail monthly outings in the community to enjoy history, museums, etc. Language skills in Italian would be a HUGE plus. Client does not drive so he would either need to meet volunteer at outings or volunteer could drive. Please contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- The Center for the Arts needs volunteer docents Monday – Friday during the day. This volunteer opportunity includes greeting visitors and sharing the Center’s history and programs. Please call Jordan at (703) 330-2787 to learn more.
Meal Deliveries and Food Donations
- The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program is looking for volunteers age 55+ to deliver noon meals through the Meals on Wheels Program. Shifts are just two to three hours and are available throughout the area. RSVP members receive a mileage reimbursement and additional insurance coverage at no cost to the volunteer. Please call Jan at (571) 292-5307 to learn more.
- House of Mercy also needs lots of help and food donations year-round to feed over 400 families a month. Hold a food drive, share this on all your outlets and give them a call at (703) 659-1636 to learn more.
Working with Youth
- Youth for Tomorrow needs volunteer mentors to spend a couple of hours a week with a young person. We’ve all had good people support us along the way – here’s your chance to do the same. You can apply online at youthfortomorrow.org or call Vernell at (703) 396-7203 to learn more.
- Catholic Charities Hogar Center is looking volunteers to assist students with job applications, resumes, and mock interviews to prepare them for the workforce. Please email email@example.com to learn more.
- Literacy Volunteers of America are gearing up for their next volunteer tutor training on Jan. 5 and 19. Come learn all the skills needed to make a significant impact on another’s life. Please call (703) 670-5702 for more info and to register for this training.
- The Greater Prince William Medical Reserve Corps needs both medical and non-medical volunteers to join their ranks. These volunteers are trained to respond to public health emergencies as well as day to day activities. They offer tons of training topics to build your skill set. Please call Amy at (703) 792-7341 to learn more.
If you are looking for other opportunities, please call Volunteer Prince William at (703) 369-5292 or visit volunteerprincewilliam.org. Thanks so much for all you do in our community.