Provided by Volunteer Prince William
Volunteer Prince William maintains a list of volunteer opportunities throughout the area. Here are some of the current volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers in a Medical Setting
- Novant Health/ UVA Health System need volunteers to assist in the surgical services departments at both locations. Tasks include taking care of patients, turning over rooms and restocking supplies. Shifts are Monday-Friday either 9:00 a. m.-12:00 noon or 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m. There is also a need for volunteers in the thrift store and gift shops. Please call the volunteer services office at (703) 369-8173 or apply online: novanthealthuva.org/giving/volunteering.
- The Medical Reserve Corps needs volunteers to help with their outreach activities at community fairs on Feb. 2 and 23. Please call Amy at (703) 792-7341 to learn more.
Food and Meals
- Historic Manassas is having their 5th Annual Souper Bowl Competition on Friday, Feb. 1 from 6:00-9:00 p. m. You can purchase tickets for just $10 for unlimited soup samples. Volunteers are needed to help serve soup and sell tickets. Please email [email protected] to register.
- Volunteers are needed at The Catholic Charities Saint Lucy Food Distribution Hub in Manassas to help sort, package and perhaps deliver food items to local food pantries in the area in 40-pound boxes. Hours are Monday-Friday 10:00 a. m. to 4:00 p. m. Come help families in need. Please email [email protected] to learn more.
- The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program is looking for volunteers age 55+ to deliver noon meals through the Meals on Wheels Program. Shifts are just two-three hours and available throughout the area. RSVP members receive a mileage reimbursement and additional insurance coverage at no cost to the volunteer. Please call Jan at (571) 292-5307 to learn more.
Nonprofit Resource Fair
- The Prince William Library System is having a Nonprofit Resource Fair at Potomac Library on Feb. 2, 10:00 a. m.-2:00 p. m. and at the Central Library on Feb. 23 10:00 a. m.-2:00 p. m. Come meet representatives from area organizations to learn the many ways to help the folks they serve.
- The Quantico Creek Clean-up in partnership with the Town of Dumfries is Saturday, Feb. 23, 9:00 a. m.-12:00 noon. This is a great way to solve the plastic pollution in the creek. Cleanup supplies will be provided; please wear boots and dress for the weather. Please contact [email protected] to learn more.
- The Tough Mudder is coming to Silver Lake in Haymarket on June 1-2. This team oriented 8-10 mile obstacle course will have thousands of participants. Volunteers are needed in lots of locations and duties. You won’t want to miss this fun event. Please visit toughmudder.com/events/volunteer-information to learn more. This event is hosted by the PWC Office of Tourism.
- Leesylvania State Park needs volunteers for their monthly shoreline cleanups to pick up trash and driftwood. The work days are Feb. 16, March 23, April and May 18th. Please register by calling the visitor center at (703) 583-6904 so they have your name to waive the park entry fee.
- Serve our Willing Warriors is having their Annual Monte Carlo Night on Saturday ,Feb. 23 at the Regency Dominion Clubhouse. This promises to be great fun and for a great cause. Please visit willingwarriors.org/events to purchase tickets and learn more.
- Here’s a huge cheers to ACTS in celebration of their 50th Anniversary of service to our community. You are cordially invited to their Gala on Feb. 28 at the Hylton Performing Arts Center, 6:00-9:00 p. m. There are sponsorships available to help them meet a $50,000 matching gift! Please visit actspwc.org/gala to learn more.
Training and Life Skills
- Virginia Cooperative Extension is having their Certified Master Financial Educator Volunteer Training on Wednesdays from 1:00-4:00 p. m. March 6 – May 1, or Mondays 6:30-9:30 p. m., April 29-June 24. You will be fully trained to present credit and debit management, spending plans, cash management, identity theft, savings and investments personal financial coaching and more. One time registration of $75 includes a background check. Please visit pwcgov.org/money then click on
- The Greater Prince William Medical Reserve Corps needs both medical and non-medical volunteers to join their ranks. These volunteers are trained to respond to public health emergencies as well as day to day activities. They offer tons of training topics to build your skillset. Please call Amy at (703) 792-7341 to learn more.
- Catholic Charities Hogar Center is looking volunteers to assist students with job applications, resumes, and mock interviews to prepare them for the workforce. Please email [email protected] to learn more.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- ACTS has a great way for you to celebrate spring by donating to their Prom Shop so more girls can enjoy that special day. They are collecting dresses, shoes, new make-up and accessories to share with the kids. Please call Lydia at (703) 441-8606 ext. 249 to learn more.
- The Center for the Arts needs volunteer docents Monday – Friday during the day. This volunteer opportunity includes greeting visitors and sharing the Center’s history and programs. Please call Jordan at (703) 330-2787 to learn more.
If you are looking for other opportunities, please call Volunteer Prince William at (703) 369-5292 or visit volunteerprincewilliam.org. Thanks so much for all you do in our community.