Provided by Volunteer Prince William
Volunteer Prince William has been connecting volunteers and empowering nonprofit organizations since 1981. Their mission is to meet community needs through volunteer resources.
Currently, Volunteer Prince William is looking for a part-time (20 to 30 hours a week) Organizational Assistant.
The successful candidate for this position will have the education and work experience that will benefit Volunteer Prince William in its mission and growth potential. Candidates must possess the critical thinking skills that allow them to strategize solutions to challenges that arise. Necessary administrative skills include proficiency with Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher) and Office365. Knowledge of Google Forms and Sheets is preferred. Familiarity with web site maintenance is desired. The correct person will be enthusiastic and motivated as this position will support programs that engage and support our community partners and will evolve with the growth of Volunteer Prince William.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Volunteer Prince William Websites:
- Assist with developing and managing website content on Galaxy and Firespring sites.
- Provide targeted email messages for VPW partners.
- Develop new VPW partners.
- Support agencies registered on or interested in registering on website.
- Respond to automatic messages generated by the system.
Volunteer Coordinators Network (VCN):
- Develop topics/speakers lists for VCN meetings.
- Schedule and promote VCN meetings.
- Plan and conduct Volunteer Recruitment Fairs two times a year.
- Maintain VCN database.
- Post content and respond to questions on Volunteer Coordinators’ Network FB page.
- Develop and post seasonal promotions based on Points of Light days of service and disaster preparedness campaigns.
- Review and approve members.
Administrative tasks/staff support:
- Work with the executive director on all levels of program implementation.
- Work directly with staff on program projects.
- Support and cross train on all program areas.
- Sort mail, scan invoices, answer phones and maintain program databases.
Submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.