* The Meals on Wheels Program need volunteer drivers to deliver a warm noon time meal to homebound seniors. You will have a predetermined route from either the Manassas or Woodbridge Senior Center and it only take about 2 hours to complete. Schedules are easily adaptable to your schedule. Please call Melodee at (703) 792-4583 to learn more.
* Don’t forget to join us on Saturday March 22nd for our Annual Volunteer Fair at Manassas Mall from 1pm-4pm. We will have lots of community agencies there to answer your questions and give lots of ideas of how you and your family and friends can make a difference in the community. We will be down past the food court in front of JC Penney so it’s a great location and close to all your favorite stores. We still have space available if your agency is looking for volunteers as well. Please register onvolunteerprincewilliam.org to save your space.
* Catholic Charities- Hogar Immigrant Services is looking for volunteer ESOL teachers in Manassas. It’s a great way to learn about other cultures and meet people as they integrate into American society. These positions are available weekday evenings and no experience needed as your will receive all the training needed to be successful. Please call Lisa at (571) 208-1572 ext. 102 to learn more.
* The Manassas Museum is looking for weekend volunteer docents. These docents greet visitors and give a short introduction about the exhibits. Shifts are either 10am-1:30 pm or 1:30-5pm. It’s a great way to meet people from all over the world. Please visit:manassascity.org/docent to learn more.
* ACTS in Dumfries is looking for volunteer groups to “Adopt-A-Day” which is to provide breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner to the residents of the Beverly Warren Shelter. It’s a great way to bring your family and friends together to help another family by providing a few warm nutritious meals. Please call (703) 221-3188 to learn more.
* SERVE is looking for a few volunteers on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings to provide children’s activities to the residents. Volunteers must be at least 16 yr. old and adult volunteers must pass a background check. Groups of up to 10 people are welcome. Please call Jan at (571) 748-2621 to learn more
* Brain Injury Services needs a volunteer to visit a gentleman in Manassas. All that is involved is stopping by a couple times a month for a friendly visit. Please call Michelle at (703) 451-8881 ext. 232 to learn more
* The Neighborhood Tutoring program needs volunteers in the Dumfries area to help children with their homework as well as volunteers to help with developing new programming. Please call Duane at (703) 743-1974 to learn more.
* Mark your calendars for Saturday March 29th from 10-2pm at Tackett’s Mill Lakeside for the Spring Fling. This is a fun informative day to learn more about conservation, wild birds, trees and volunteer opportunities. There will be all kinds of kid’s activities as well.
* Habitat for Humanity needs volunteers to help in the office so if construction isn’t your thing you can still be part of this organization. Please call (703) 369-6708 to learn more or visit their website at: habitatpwc.org. Habitat for Humanity also has a great volunteer program for scouts and middle schoolers by distributing door hangers in this neighborhood during the workdays. These door hangers have lots of good info on the Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative, the Restore and the Cars for Homes Program and give Habitat a special link to this neighborhood.
* If you are looking for other opportunities, please don’t forget to call my wonderful team at Volunteer Prince William. Coleen can help you with the Retired and Senior Volunteer (RSVP) opportunities at (703) 369-5292 ext. 207, Shelley can help with any individual or group project and send you weekly updates if you’d like. Shelley is at (703) 369-5292 ext. 201, and Bonnie can help you with opportunities available in Disaster Preparedness at (703) 369-5292 ext. 202. Please visit our newly re-vamped website atwww.volunteerprincewilliam.org<http://www.volunteerprincewilliam.org>. Thanks so much for all you do in our community.
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Prince William Living Inc. and it’s staff make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com