Provided by Prince William County
Many businesses across Prince William County are still struggling from the impact of COVID-19. The county’s Department of Economic Development is looking for volunteers to serve as ambassadors to the business community and connect them with resources to help.
Over the next 10 weeks, residents, community leaders and other volunteers will reach out to Prince William County business owners by phone for direct, one-on-one conversations. Volunteers are needed to confirm the businesses’ contact details and to communicate the programs and resources that are available for COVID-19 related challenges.
Ambassadors are asked to:
- Volunteer two to four hours per week as a volunteer for the next eight to 12 weeks.
- Call Prince William County businesses.
- Visit/Speak to owners/decision makers in the course of their day-to-day business. (Must follow COVID-19 safety guidelines.)
- Complete an online form for each conversation.
- Provide information (links to grants, PPE and other resources).
- Inquire about business needs.
Participants commit to one two-week blitz at a time and accrue points for making calls and speaking to local businesses. At the end of each two-week blitz, Economic Development will tally points and award prizes.
Residents who would like to participate can reach out to Michele Weatherly at firstname.lastname@example.org.