Provided by Prince William County Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
The Prince William County and Loudoun County alumnae chapters of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., along with the League of Women Voters, Jack and Jill, NAACP, and Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Iota Epsilon Sigma, will host a virtual forum on redistricting for Prince William and Loudoun County residents. On Saturday, May 21 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. via Zoom, voters and members of the community will have an opportunity to learn how redistricting may affect their vote, their polling place, their congressional and local representation and more. There will also be time for questions from attendees.
The objective of the partners is to provide information to voters about redistricting and how they may be affected in the upcoming elections with new precincts and polling locations and new representation. All voters (long time, new and potential voters) will learn about voting resources, new laws and other voter related topics to help them move forward and be prepared for the upcoming elections.
The Honorable Margaret Franklin of the Prince William Board of County Supervisors will be the moderator.
The forum panel includes:
- Eric Olsen – Director of Elections, Prince William County. Topic – Redistricting results, and effect on voters.
- Carol Moore – League of Women Voters, Prince William and Fauquier Area. Topic – Upcoming elections and registration.
- Sheerma Anna- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Iota Epsilon Sigma. Topic – Voting terms and resources.
- Pamela Walker -Vice Chairman, Prince William County Electoral Board. Topic – Voting laws and changes.
- Pastor Michelle Thomas – President, Loudoun County NAACP. Topic – “Souls to the Polls” and voter protection.
- Phyllis Randall – Chair, Loudoun Board of Supervisors. Topic – The importance of voting in all elections.
Join the Prince William County Alumnae Chapter and the Loudoun County Alumnae Chapter and their partners for this informative “vote forward” event. Please preregister at tinyurl.com/VAVoterRedistricting.