Provided by Prince William Soil & Water Conservation District
Register now to start your training online to become a Certified Virginia Save Our Streams Water Quality Monitor. Follow up with the District to adopt a site of your choice in Prince William County.
Be sure to register for both workshops (Eastern time).
Introduction to Water Quality
- In this session, you’ll learn about the Save Our Streams program and how your data will be used at the local, state, and federal level. We’ll discuss the various water quality threats our streams are facing across the country and how monitoring can help us protect and advocate for America’s waterways.
- May 19, 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- May 20, 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- May 26, 2:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Introduction to Macroinvertebrates
- In this session, you’ll meet the stream critters we collect and identify in the Save Our Streams program. You’ll learn the life history of each bug, what they can tell us about water quality, and how to identify them!
- May 21, 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- May 22, 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
- May 28, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m..