Provided by Prince William County
The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is currently the only COVID-19 vaccine authorized for use in children 12- to 15- years old. Earlier this week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) expanded the use of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to this age group. To learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine for Teens and Preteens, click here: bit.ly/2SHRTx0.
Across the street from the Potomac Mills Mall is the Community Vaccination Center (CVC). This center is vaccinating the 12-15 age group using the Pfizer vaccine. The hours for the CVC are 8:30 a.m.to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday. It is located at the former Gander Mountain building at 14011 Worth Avenue, Woodbridge.
CVC Adolescent Appointments
- Appointments are highly recommended. It ensures a scheduled time for the child’s vaccine and makes the vaccination visit more convenient.
- A parent or guardian MUST accompany children ages 12 to 15 to the CVC for the appointment.
- If the child is accompanied by a guardian, the guardian will need to provide proof of guardianship.
- A parent or guardian will verbally verify the child’s age.
- To schedule an appointment for the CVC, go to vdh.virginia.gov, for Distance Range, you must enter “25-miles” and search for Vaccine Type “Pfizer.”
More Options: Pfizer Vaccine Appointments
- You can reach out to your child’s pediatrician or primary care provider and see if they are providing the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
- You can go to virginia.gov and search for locations offering the Pfizer vaccine.
- You can call Virginia’s call center at 877-VAX-IN-VA (877-829-4682) to ask for help in finding an appointment for your child.
- Currently, the call center hours are 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m., seven days a week. The hours will change beginning Monday, May 17, to 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m., Mondays through Saturdays.
Pfizer Vaccine Clinic
Saturday, May 15 (10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
- Where: The Mother of Mercy Clinic at 13900 Church Hill Dr., Woodbridge
- This is a 2nd dose Pfizer clinic. Limited walk-ups are welcome for either 1st or 2nd.