Provided by Write by the Rails
We’re sure you’ve heard the words “unprecedented” and “uncertain” too often recently. We know we have throughout the COVID-19 crisis, though both are fairly accurate descriptions of the times we’re living in. However, that doesn’t mean we can’t come together as writers and help one another grow. While WbtR has canceled live events until everyone gets the all-clear to meet in groups, we have moved online and we’ve got activities designed to help get writers moving!
Be sure to check out our WbtR poetry contest, our April WbtR meeting and events from other local groups. There’s no better time to get to work! And we’ll be here to help you reach your goals.
- April 4, 2:00 p.m. – NOVA Bards Online Poetry Workshop
- April 7, 12:00 p.m. – VA Writers Club Facebook Authors Takeover
- April 10, 6:30 p.m. – Spilled Ink East Online Open Reading
- April 11, 10:00 a.m. – WbtR Online Meeting and Critique
- April 24, 5:30 p.m. – Spilled Ink Online Open Reading
April Poetry Contest
April is National Poetry Month. Write by the Rails is pleased to sponsor a contest for members. It’s simple to enter!
- Write three poems.
- Post your poems in our Write by the Rails Facebook group.
- THEN, email the three poems in the body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “April Poetry Contest.”
- Deadline: Midnight, April 30, 2020
1st Place – $50 Amazon Gift Card
2nd and 3rd Place – $25 Gift Card (one each)
- Winners will be selected by an anonymous panel and notified in May 2020.
- Winners must be current, paid members of WbtR. Not a paid member? No worries! Sign up here and PayPal $20 to email@example.com.
- Not a member of the Facebook group? No worries! Simply go to the group and request to join: facebook.com/groups/Writebytherails
- Poems must be your original work and must not have copyrights owned by any entity other than yourself.
- Poet maintains all rights to their work and is free to publish elsewhere after judging.
- Poets must be willing to allow us to share winning poems publicly through newsletters, social media and other electronic means.
- By entering the contest, poets agree to the rules.
Are you ready to get working? We’re meeting online!
Date: Saturday, April 11, 2020
Time: 10:00 to 11:30 a.m.
Email us for the Zoom link: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please bring one selection to read (5 minutes or less, PG13 or less) and get feedback from the group.
Sign up for a free Zoom account to take part. zoom.us/signup